Maricardo

Advert

Hi Douglas, cannot quite get the gen of the question. I have the updated version (Paul Strawson) and the ailerons are 1inch by 1/4 stock. I don't think this change has any bearing on the wing seating, as the ailerons obviously have to end before the fuz. wing seating ?. Perhaps you can rephrase the question. Cheers

Yes I did with no problems with ailerons at all. What I did find was, that if you cut out a kit of parts first ,formers etc, they may not be a good fit. You may have to use your building skills to get you there at the end. There is also a blog some where and other information on the forum. Enter Maricardo into search box top l/h of page where it says keyword, and you will have some more information. The other little problem I had was sorting out the angles where the cabin on the wing fits to the fus. I spot super glued every thing first, then after a dry fit showed all was well, glued it all up. Take precautions with cyano, ventilation is the key. Don't ask me how I know. Cheers

I built one last year.
I built it with rubber bands holding the wing on using dowels.
After it crashed on its maiden(, a rubber band came off the dowel and snagged the aileron!), i converted it to be securedfrom below by nylon bolts and captive nuts .

either that or use longer dowels than I did.