new toys - depron pusher jets

john haz

More to add to my little hangar !

Last weekend i was browsing ebay, as one does & saw a hangar clearout of various home built depron planes.

To be honest, I wasn't too excited & put a lowish bid on a sniper just in case - and WON !!!

6 airframes, some with servo's, none with esc or motors, won the lot for £43.11 I had to make a 100 mile trek to collect them but well worth the effort

They are in various states of well used / damaged / half built, but so far I have got 3 good usable planes using only motors, esc's etc that i had in my collection (with the exception of two new motors purchased for the Suki)

Star of the show is a SU-37 which has been fitted with two 2200kv motors & 6x5 props, pulling 460w on a good 3S battery, so i guess it's going to be a quick one !
Ready to test whenever the weather permits.

A nice but very well used 24" wingspan eurofighter, popped my old roo jet motor on it & it's pulling 250w on a 6x4, so with a flying weight of 17oz, i think it should be entertaining

Fokker DR1 - not my bag normally but i love this little toy. just hope I can fly it !

Still in the shed waiting for a clear operating table, I have a part built Vulcan, a F117, and a cub trainer. Plenty to keep me amused when there's no repairs of upgrades to do

OK, so they are only "squint" scale & made from depron, with props hanging off the back, but looking at the video below of my Suki, i can see some entertaining times ahead (NOT me flying, this was Mikey that I bought it all from)

Advert

You're right there David, one 3 hour session in the past 3 weeks

"squint scale" - I saw that one on greenair designs site, thought it was quite appropriate for the "almost" models

Sounds like a bargain and i agree about the weather! In 3 weeks i have had no flying hours ive just come back from the field but no one was there because of the terrible winds! Does anyone no if there is a suggested wind speed you shouldn't fly in because i was gunna try and fly but then thought differently but no think i should have done. :L

Hi Tom,

I see in another post you're a member of FMFC at Witcham ?

i was a member last year & spent many early mornings at the field learning to fly (crash) with my HZ Cub. I havn't rejoined this year (yet) because i have less time, it cost me a fortune in fuel to do a 25 mile round trip daily, and I have a little local club here with a 12 acre field

Some good guys at the club, especially Nick & Richard, always there to offer help & pretty relaxed, i might even join again later in the year if they don't lose the field !