My 1st Maiden

Hi Guys,

Completed my first maiden flight yesterday. I have been flying my trainer since passing my A last October but I had a Citabria I wanted to get in the air.

TBH it wasnt a first maiden for the plane but it last flew 15 years ago. I built it up from a kit with a view to learning to fly with it. However, after spend months building it I was to nervous to learn to fly on it and bought an ARTF trainer to fly instead. Unfortunately I had to stop flying and only started up again last year. But I kept my Citabria carefully stored in the loft.

So I decided to refurbish it and get it airborne once again. Its been ready for some time but I wanted to really build up my confidence on my trainer before moving on to a second plane and I wanted to be confident enough, relatively speaking of course, to maiden it myself.

After waiting 3 weeks for weather conditions to coincide with my free time I decided now was the moment to go for it. So with 2 experienced pilots at my side, and a rapidly drying mouth I opened the throttle and she was in the air again. Wahooo!

Looking back the flight was quite uneventful with just some minor trimming needed. But what a buzz. Cant wait for the next one

Advert

Well done Hogster!

Its a great feeling to have started of with nothing more than a few planks of wood and then end the process by flying your own build for the first time yourself. Brilliant!

And well done for having the courage to maiden her yourself. The only way to learn to do maidens is by doing them Congratulations on showing the faith in your own building to do it yourself.

Go and have a well earned glass of something uplifting!

BEB

Hi Hogster, well done , you have given me some confidence to try this maiden thing myself. All my models (built from plans) were maindened by others. I have always wanted to have a go. I will wait until the weather is kinder, and other experts are with me. Cheers FB3