Too Quick to Dismiss a Model

Phil May

Back a few weeks ago I made a post stating that I was bored with my Renegade. Today I realized that I had jumped the gun with this statment.
I took the model to the field today and luckily for me our club chairman turned up, he's a BMFA chief area examiner, he took my model up and within a few minutes said that the Renegade would easily do all required for the 'B'
He spent a fair while with me going through some of the required manoeuvres( doing 3 turn spin for the first time was a bit nerve racking ) and I have decided that I WILL practice and I WILL do and pass my 'B' this year (hopefully).
I passed my 'A' 18 months ago and have spent the time since then throwing my Stik about, now I want to climb to the next rung on the ladder .
Maybe I am being a bit ahead of my self but one must push forward or we get stagnant.

B.P

Edited By Big Phil on 10/06/2011 20:08:51

Advert

You will Phil, practice is the only key, nothing more than that and with practice you'll do it.

Sometimes a model seems perfect first flight yet at other times it can take a while and a good few flights. My second model I ever bought was a second hand Maule from a clubmate, here's a pic of me with is about 18 years ago....

I was moving on from a three-channel trainer and assumed it ticked the boxes - 4-channels and high wing so it must fly like a trainer......wrong!

I didn't keep it long which was a pity as I probably enjoy it now, it was pretty aerobatic if I remember. Always like high wing cabin jobs..quite fancy another big Maule now.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 11/06/2011 06:31:23