Basic Help for the 8FG Super

JayCee

Just upgraded to the 8FG Super from my old 6EX!

Quite a steep learning curve in programming for an old guy!

Have so many basic questions in setting up just a few to start with

Frequency:- Do I need to set this? If I do is it just set for the model selected? Have lots of different Futaba Rx's + Orange Compatible:- Multi-Multi2 or 7CH?

Dual Rate and Expo settings:- On my old 6EX the rate switch was just two position, High/Low rate. The 8FG has a three position switch I assume the centre position is neutral if the switch is in this position do I have any rates at all?

Sorry the questions are so basic, but feel I'm on the bottom rung of a very long ladder!

I'm sure there are loads more to follow!

JC

Advert

If you are using the orange or 7 channel futaba receivers, then set it to general and 7ch. Multi is for the 14ch receivers.

When you assign the swtich you can choose which poisitions are active. If you only want 2 dual rate settings, then make the first two positions active, that way if you accidentally switch to the third position, nothing will happen (it will still be as per position 2). I wouldn't use the center position as a neutral point, sounds like an accident waiting to happen if you don't fully throw the switch.

Obviously you now have the option to have 3 dual rates if you want, but I've never seen the need.

Hope that helps, only had the radio a few months myself. Trust me, it gets a lot easier but I'm still finding new functions each time I set something up.

Thanks Simon

All seems a bit daunting when you get something new, like changing from Windows XP to Windows7!

Still have the battery on charge, yes its that new!, otherwise I may have worked things out a bit my self.

The 6EX has been great, but have moved on a bit now with nine models and only a six model memories, no sub trims, etc. etc. so it seemed like a good buy £250.00 Tx battery and charger.

I'm sure there may be more questions to follow.

JC