Machrihanish, September 2011

Bryan Passey has confirmed the dates for our September FunFly.

Hello everyone,
I would like to confirm that the dates for the next fly-in at Machrihanish are the 2nd -3rd-4th September 2011.
There are those who I can't contact by mail or phone so it would be most helpful if you would spread the word,but remembering to register your vehicle registration by the last week in August.
I will be looking forward to seeing your smiling faces and hopefully good weather in September.--------------Bryan Passey
PS, Don't forget those Novices.

• 1 month later...
Advert

Machrihanish Airfield is an operating Airfield and as such Model flyer parties must be registered for entry. We have the use of a building and can overnight "hanger" models and equipment, plus use of toilets and mains electricity. Suitable insurance is a must for model Pilots. We are sorry there is no accomodation on site, there are Campsites, B n' B, and Hotels fairly near though.

The Airbase site is subject to a " Community Buyout " which takes place before shortly, so we would like a good turnout. Although we hope we can still fly here in future, we do not know if it will be in the new remit.

Entry to the Field is from 5pm on Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday.

It is getting closer to this event and Bryan would appreciate that folk try not to leave it late to register with him.

Anyone wishing his Phone number please send me a PM before the 24th August.

• 3 weeks later...
For those geographicaly challenged, Machrihanish Airfield is a long way from most anywhere. Which makes it great for Pulsejet flying.

The Commercial flying gate's post code is PA28 6NU although the main Airfield Security access is north of this.

Alternative info. Near to Campbeltown on the Mull of Kintyre.

Using Google Earth type Machrihanish and you can't (hopefully) miss seeing it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, We had an excellent weekend from about noon on Saturday. The numbers of pilots were down a bit, which we thought perhaps was due to both a poor forecast and the cost of it all. Anyhoo, it could not have been all bad as no-one who came to fly,,, didn,t. Not really surprising as the guys who put the effort into coming are normally of the mindset "I am gonna fly" and as wind was not too strong they sure did.

Contol line, basic IC trainers, Leccy trainers and much bigger types, Turbine Jets, Free flight, Gliders, and a Heli***terist. Not of course forgetting the "Ben Buckle [b]Novice[/b] type powered by little Diesels. I even got my Maiden in with both my first Diesel and my brand spanking new [b]Novice[/b]. More than one model got it's maiden, a very recent SAA Bronze pass pilot did his maiden of his new Cessna 182 fitted with an SC .52 4st, he attempted to use a gallon and a half of fuel through it, nearly did too. Well done Jack Kennedy of the Hamilton MRC

Which minds me I shall have to really clean it before decorating with the Corporate logo "BRYANAIR". Seems that that buzz word "Bryanair" is spreading, I read it in a current model mag being used to describe model. :af

Thanks Bryan, for setting it up.