Agritug

• 3 weeks later...
Advert

Hello Chris!

The Agritug maidened today and it was a success! See it here: **LINK** and you can also check Clube de Aeromodelismo de Lisboa FB profile.

Still needs more weight up front. Just this flight today, as when i was readying the model for another flight with more 50grs in the nose, i found out that the tailwheel had decided to go its own ways and it was an hopeless search in the scorching heat!

Curious to see that it's been 9 years already that the plan was published!

As soon as there's more videos i'll let you know.

Best regards,

Paulo

Congratulations Paulo. It was good to see that your Agritug behaved itself pretty well on the first flight. It is always a bit of an anxious process wondering what you are going to get. It is a surprise to me too that the design is nine years old, and that I have been designing for eighteen years. Where does the time go? Your flying field looks like a pretty hot place! Enjoy your next flights.

Chris.

Thx Chris!

Next Sunday it looks the weather (wind wise) looks good. It'll be hot again, of course. At least, we've got some pine trees to provide some shade, whereas at Ota airbase where I also go flying regularly, there's no such thing. Furthermore, you get hot from above and from the tarmac reflecting the heat! hot

Have a great one!

Paulo

PS: "Where does the time go?" - a zillion dollar question...

Hello Chris,

Check in this link **LINK** the 2nd flight of the Agritug preceded by the 1st flight to see how it behaved after adding more 95grs at the front.

The 3rd flight ended in a bush because the engine cut in flight. Bent motor axle and some scratches😒

At home I found out that the culprit were faulty solder joints, as i moved them around and the engine performed flawlessly in some positions and not in others. When I come back from holidays I will solder the connections again.

Best regards,

Paulo.

Hi Paulo,

I was sorry to read that your Agritug has had a minor prang. Mine has had several (all my fault) but always came back. Dry soldered joints can cause problems. I recently got my money back on a non-working cheap Chinese ESC, only to find later a dodgy soldered motor connection.

all the best.

Chris.