Agritug

Advert

Hi Guys,

It's good to see you having fun with Agritug. Mine is still flying very well. Its great that tissue and dope are still being used!

Minor differences on the plan to my photos crop up when I do the final drawing from my rough plan and change things that didn't quite work well on the build. The undercarriage is over simple I agree, but semi scale oleos that slotted into a bit of tube at the wing crank would improve the appearance - I re-used the undercarriage from the wrecked Pogostick that provided the motor etc. An Axi 2820/10 is not an essential. I had one that I won in an RCM&E phot ocompetition. They are very pricy, but they do go well. Any brushless motor of 250-350 Watts will do.

Funterceptor is a mini Agritug that flies just as well on a very basic power set up.

It's a very simple build but if there are any questions I'll be happy to help if I can.

Chris Reid

Hi Tony, been following your blog on the Agritug, I think you have done a great job. Tissue and dope, very good choice of covering. Are you going to paint it, or do you think paint will add more  weight that's not needed. Cheers FB3

Edited By fly boy3 on 04/08/2011 21:41:20

thanks Chris.
It's been a great and simple build, just what i need after a 40 year lay off.

I'm still thinking about the undercarriage, also thinking about some scaleish crop spraying equipment, should be finished very soon.

FB3 it is going to be painted this weekend, then the wiring and jobs a good un.

Hi Tony,

Re the aileron control.... ( Radio Active Aileron Set ).
Cannot really work out how the wire (which must be bent as it crosses the Dihedral Point on the wing actually works. Does yours do what it is supposed to do ? Cheers Bob H

Hi Bob.

Tony is right. You are correct in thinking that the aileron torque rod theoretically ought to angle at the dihedral joint in some way. However, I have found on several models that if you use the rod as a hinge, there is enough natural slack in the system to cope with the small angle at the dihedral joint. Don't worry about it.

Chris R

its not as hard to do as i thought, just lay it out and work methodically through the steps.
i did 1 side at a time and dry assembled everything to make sure it worked first.
i'm sure i posted how i did it on here.
its a clever way of doing it as
a) saves a servo
b) keeps the wing clear.

Great progress Tony. It's a real buzz for a designer to see a drawing come to life at someone else's hands. Good luck with the flying; providing you have no serious warps and the CG is in the right place, you'll find Agritug easy but fun.

Thanks for the kind words Tom. I'm still in the hobby because I've been a sucker for aeroplanes small and large all my life - travel with budget airlines excepted. My time with Frog was a brief 13 months after I discovered that the head of the design department had been with the company 28 years - I couldn't wait that long. Triang Toys AKA International Model Aircraft (Frog) went bust a year later. Nothing to do with me!