2.4gHz UK/France

Barrie Dav 2

Hi,

On the same subject does anyone know whether the Hitec Optic 6 (2.4GHz) Tx has a "France" switch? Sounds like good news that the restrictions are going to be lifted but the question is whensad BTW the Flying in France link seems to be down. I guess the best port of call on this is the FFAM and that links works. An excellent and informative thread, thanks guys.

Advert

The consensus on French forums seems to be that the restrictions will be lifted on 1st July but that will not be confirmed until it is announced by ARCEP, the French radio regulatory body. There is no fresh info on the FFAM site at present.

Can't help with the Optic 6 question but it is sold in Mode 1 in France. Perhaps an email to the UK distributor will clarify whether it can be switched?

Pete

Thanks Pete and John, yes, looks like I need glasseswink So we wait and see on the French relaxing the requirements. I tried sales at the UK distributor for Hitec and they gave me a chap in customer support but he didn't know sad I've also emailed Steve Webb (used to buy from them when I lived in Cheshire) but no answer yet from them.

Harry

So, things seem to be looking up, my FRSKY 2.4 will be legal, madam say 'oui' (permission cost a number of visits to markets)! Did someone mention having to be a temporary member of the model flying association of France whilst we are over there?

It still seems a lot of fuss to throw a wing in the back of the car, whilst on holiday, just in case!

• 4 months later...

I have just returned from flying in the Alsace region at about 5000 feet up, a good experience. The other flyers were French and German mostly visiting for the weekend, they were flying about 95% mouldies everyother one was with electric motors. No local club was involved although the 30-40 flyers over the course of the afternoon seemed to know each other.

Their frequency tree was showing 40, 41 and 70 mhz if memory serves me correctly, I was made welcome there with my 2.4mhz.

The mountain we were flying from had a narrow peak but seemed to accept a varying wind angle and allow you to fly quite a distance away but a couple of times the lift directly in front of us faltered slightly. An interesting time, next year I shall go fully armed!

Posted by Barrie Dav 2 on 24/07/2012 07:57:15:

Any movement yet on the 'promised' changes to the output limit on 2,4? (100mW/10mW). I've not been able to find any evidence.

No change on the FFAM site yet, Barrie. No mention on Modelisme.com either.

Pete