Haoye BAE Hawk

B&Q or Homebase will colour match from a colour sample, I had a Spit PSS and wanted it in a desert scheme like an Airfix one I had built, I painted some of the Humbrol paint onto a bit of card and had some paint mixed - worked a treat. You could always check the plastic kit forums to see if anybody could help with the colour mix.

Edited By Conwy Soarer on 23/07/2011 14:35:40

Biigest problem with a red arrow is the red, I remember making one from the catajet plan in RM in the 80's, I covered it in bog standard red solarfilm which I was pleased with until I went to a show at RAF St Athan or Chivenor and noticed that the red was more of an orangey red - I never bothered recovering as I was happy and it was only a profile scale glider anyway so scale fidelity was not an issue.

Posted by Eric Bray on 24/07/2011 22:23:29:
Ian - I note you flew too low, and are carrying a length of telephone cable on the tail strakes!
LOL, telephone cable! Yipes, I didn't realise I was that high .

Posted by Christian Ackroyd on 24/07/2011 23:00:34:
Ian,

Is that a Westfield Kit?
Yep Christian it certainly is. I've been flying it for 6 years now. I gave it a major spruce up a few years ago - changed all the servos, checked & corrected the CG, fitted a switch harness & charging socket & replaced the canopy. Apart from that it's as it's always been

I just need to change to 2.4 Ghz so that no-one will think I've been collecting telephone cables .

Looks nice,

I've been thinking of getting their Hawk or Vampire for a quick fun fly plane

PS. Post says its about 3 in the morning, don't worry I don't have a sleep disorder, just in a different time zone - 6 hrs behind.

Edited By Christian Ackroyd on 25/07/2011 02:27:24

• 3 weeks later...