Southport Airshow

I was at the Southport Airshow yesterday & thought I would share a pic or two.....

BBMF Spitfire chases Hurricane

BBMF All together
Mustang Display
Wonderful Fox glider display...released at about 6,000 feet & aerobatted gracefully down to the beach
Guess who...
Miss Demeanour.....all noise & black smoke from the R-R Avon...
A "Stringbag" to slow the pace down a bit....
A Tornado....doing what Tornados do best.....going very, very fast.....
I missed the Sbach 342 with the camera but that thing is amazing....the most incredible roll rate......I WANT ONE!!!
PS The pics were taken by my brother so credit must go to him for the photos...

Advert

We were there for Saturday afternoon/evening, and enjoyed the Tornado and pyrotechnics, followed by the Vulcan and the Reds.
On Sunday we enjoyed the privileges of the premium hospitality marquee, including a visit by the reds for around 30 minutes - all very nice chaps and chapesses, a few of whom who sat at our table, talking, drinking coffee and signing posters etc....an excellent bonus to the day. We then enjoyed the whole Sunday display - albeit somewhat out of synch with the schedule. Highlights for me were the solo Spit, the BOB trio, Mustang ( displayed superbly ), the Hunter - again fantastic display, the solo BAE hawk demonstrator, and the reds of course, all topped off with the awesome pair of Tornados.
Great show, great weather, and then followed up last night and today with a trippers day in Liverpool's fabulous new docklands district.
We also were lucky enough to see the humungeous Ocean princess at the cruise ship terminal.
Great extended weekend, back home tired and burnt now.

Flying full size started at 12noon. This section is "full sized aviation"
Thats my excuse anyway - and the refreshments in the marquee were too good
The model Vulcan ( which I have seen before several times ) was excellent, but to be perfectly honest, I didnt watch any of the other stuff - I went for the full size, and Im finding model flying displays less and less interesting these days.