Mike Smart Hornet Moth

• 5 months later...
Advert

Hi Mark. Not very well I'm afraid. I bought the kit of parts from Belair which turned out to be unusable. All the wing ribs were cut to the same size (mid-chord). plus there were various mistakes with the fus. parts. To be fair to Belair they refunded my money in full and told me that they would be removing the model from their range but I see that it's still advertised. So Ive put it to one side for now and am making good progress on a Dennis Bryant Henschel 126, which I expect to finish in June/July. I intend to re-visit the Moth as a winter project at the end of this flying season, - I may as well finish it as I've got the cowl parts, wheels with DH covers etc. I was going to power mine with my RCV 90 CD but this is going in the Henschel so I'll think again. Keep me informed on your progress.

Thanks guys. I'm quite pleased how this one turned out. Yes, it is electric with the usuall brushless motor and Lipo's -plenty of power in hand. I have Mike Smart's plans too which are really nice. I'd like to build his version too one of these days after I get a few other projects out the way.