locating a manufacturer

Advert

Skyways got sold some years ago, the new owners are Masons Models, they have been updating many of the designs, rang then recently and they should be going into full production shortly, try www.masonsmodels.co.uk, if you struggle I have the drawings for the chippahawk (+canopy), sparrowhawk and Stampe (lowwinger)

Thanks for your reply Peter I contacted Masons who where very helpfull. They are having problems in certain areas of production however they hope to have production up and running in a few weeks time.
if you had the cowl and wings for the Chippahawk I am sure we could come to some arrangement
Once again thanks for your help

Alan
I going out on a limb but I think that Pat Teakle cut some of the wings for skyways, again I understand this man has now retired (real shame), the chippahawk had a fancy wing with different rib profiles at root and tip plus washout, just remembered I have a complete untouched Stampe bi-plane by Skyways, happy to give you copies of the drawings (at cost for copying and postage)cheers

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Great news!

I understand that Skyways models are back. Masons Models are only issuing the Chippahawk (semi-scale Chipmunk), Hawk 70 (Magister/Moth Minor look-alike) Stampe SVB Biplane and Hawk Tiger Moth at the moment - lets hope the Moth Minor, Yak 18 & Akromaster are not too far behind.

These are builders kits for proper aeromdellers - not the ARTF junk  that pollutes most flying fields these days.  Having said that, they are not too difficult to build - foam wings & top decks, simple balsa box fuselage, strip ailerons etc.

Have a look here.

http://www.masonsmodels.co.uk/Skyways.html