Ahh why is there no reviews or anything for the kyosho mirage

Towlie

Advert

If I can be honest, it's because the new UK Kyosho importer simply hadn't sent us a kit despite our requests. They've recently agreed to do so....so watch this space.

Hi David,

Sorry you never got the Mirage our records show we sent you one.

I agreed to send graham oneof the new jets when they are released the F-16 or the intruder.

Just let me know what you prefer.

good luck with your Mirage,

some tips for you.

Do not use a bigger than reccomend Lipo.

Let the jet get plenty of speed before you try and climb.

best to use 2.4ghz if you can. Or just be careful when mounting reciever.

Dont leave any loose objects near intake when you fire her up (especially on bench)

Dont forget those brown trousers

Based on the Illusion, before your maiden, get C of G right, in other words, be very accurate, the plane is very small, and sensitive, battery size is very limited, so it takes a lot of work to go over the top with the battery, and with sensitive C of G, it's not a good idea [in the Illusion, I used an 850mAh 20c Lipo], and have two rates dialled in on the control surfaces, [try it on their throws first] I found on the Kyosho settings, elevator was pretty useless at launch with slightly forward C of G, which is how I usually go with on a maiden.....on this one, you just have to get it spot on from the off.

It may be an idea to get someone you trust to launch for you [although I did mine on my own], expect slight sink until airspeed picks up, the cheater holes do help with launch, finally, watch the throttle, extended full throttle and the motor starts coughing, and Iv'e heard they burn out if you go mad with them......good luck!

• 10 months later...

just finished and flown the mirage.

It flies well on the included motor/fan i used a tornado 850mah 3s1p 11.1v pack and it gave about 6 to 7 mins of flight at pretty much full throttle all the time.

I got the c of g bang on and the launch was unsurprising a bit of right aileron trim, and up trim required for level flight, no dives or anything dramatic and the test flight was in nil wind

the model is not massively powerful or quick compared to my funjet but it flies very well rolls are rapid on  normal rates, loops need a bit of speed to get over the top without running out of power.

quick tip: I covered the battery board with velcro, put the ESC right at its rear edge and quick tied it along with velcro. I then placed the receiver infront of the ESC and velcroed it the battery then has lots of room to get the c of g right with velcro on its underside, and  the velcro straps around it, the battery aint goin no where.

looks great