futaba radio pitch curves

Djay

I have the Futaba 10c radio.
I am currently flying my Raptor 50 in normal mode, ie throttle and pitch both move with the throttle stick.
i feel it is time to move onto flying in idle up mode.
When I enable idle 1 in my 10c, and then programme the pitch and throttle curves for idle 1, they over write the normal pitch/throttle curve.
When the switch is selected to normal position only the idle 1 curves show, the same when I flick the switch to idle 1, it only shows those curves, though it shows the respective positions (norm or idle1)
The normal pitch/throttle curves are programmed in the basic menu, the idle up pitch and throttle curves are programmed in the advanced menu,
How do I programme the t/x to retain both different pitch/throttle curves? so when I select normal, it has the normal curves, and when I select idle 1, it goes to the idle 1 curves.

Thanks for any advise in advance.

Darryl

Advert

When you go into Advanced, you get a display summut like this..
TH-CRV >N(N)

The first N is the current curve, the bracketed (N) is JUST showing the switch position. (Move it and see.. Also shows H in throttle hold)
If you use the cursor and go UP, you'll get the first 'N' to flash, then use the wheel to select which curve you want..

Make sense.. ??

You should be using idle up1 straight away really, only using 'normal' to start it up from tick-over, but youre getting there now..

Needs to be set up so you bring it from closed throttle to JUST under half / hover on NORMAL, then switch to idleup1 and NOT get the heli jumping up on pitch, or rpm..

i.e. use a similar pitch curve for N & 1, but set up the throttle so that idleup1 is about 80-100% (or what ever your heli needs) for the WHOLE curve, i.e. flat, (my brushless is set up 100-90-80-90-100 - BUT check with others about ur IC)
Setup N so that zero throttle is 0, working up to 80% at just under half.. That way the heli wont lurch up or down when you switch N to 1

You'll find it'll be far more stable and 'locked-in' with the head speed running at a constant speed, especially in the hover, where before you were probably loosing rpm..
I did exactly the same when I started, and got told off by Martin Briggs in Ledbury, for not using idleup from the start, so i'm just passing on the telling off

On the way back, land in idleup1, pull down to 1/4-1/3 throttle, then switch back to NORMAL..

I only fly scale myself, and electric, so check with IC lovers first..
HTH's
Good luck..

I've got an FF7, so if you need any more info, shout...

Luv
Chrisie.. xx

Edited By Cyclicscooby on 21/08/2011 12:10:25

Thanks Cyclicscooby.
Will have a look tonite when I get home from work, but on my 10c I do not recall seeing TH-CRV.

I have to go into designation to allocate a switch to use for idle up 1/2 or 3 or throttle hold.
then go into another avanced menu to set the throttle or pitch curve, and a 3rd menu to activate it all.
But typical Futaba, the manual is hopeless.

Thanks
Darryl

Hi Chrisie.
When I flick the switch it changes from Norm to Idle 1,
If I go into the basic menu and check the pitch.throttle curves they are both now showing the same as the idle 1 curves.
when I flick the switch tio idle 1, it still shows the same curves in the basic and advanced menus.
So it appears the advanced menu curve automatically over writes the basic menu normal curve.
Will have a play with it tonight to see if there is anything obvious I am missing.
At the field yesterday the resident Futaba expert grabbed the t/x and said this is easy to set up, I will show you.
Once i had shown him how to access the 10c menu system he was completely stumped and gave up, especially with the 7 point curves compared to the 5 point on most radios.

Darryl

Thanks Ultymate.
Only the idle up curves are in my advanced menu, normal curves are in the basic menu.
In the advanced there is no option to set up the basic on mine.

It is the 10c radio not 10cg or 10cgh radio, if this makes any difference?

Darryl

I think you must be looking at the switch digit (the bracketed (N) ) , thinking thats the different curves, when all along you've been on Normal..
So 1 & 2 aren't over-writing N, but you've been re-programming N, thinking it was 1 or 2..

If you flick the switch, it doesn't flich thru the curves, just displays the switch position..
You have to use the cursor buttons and wheel to select the different curves in advanced.. I reckon thats where you're going astray..

Luv
Chrisie.. xx

Hi Chrisie.
When I programme the idle up curves, which are in a completely different section of the menu to the normal curves ( so you can not get them mixed up or programme the wrong one), it accepts the curves. Normal is not displayed or selectable anywhere in that part of the advanced menu.
i then come out of the advanced menu and go back into basic menu, and call up the normal curve screen, the normal curves are then showing the idle up curve I programmed in the idle up menu, irrelevant of where the selector switch is.

With regard to the switch, I can allocate the idle up switch to any of the multiple switches all over the t/x, which is in another part of the advanced menu system, and must be done before programming the curves.

I will have another play tonight, bearing in mind what you have written.

Darryl

Well I had another play with the radio last night, and usnig the advise Chrisie mentioned about looking at switch didgit position instead of the actual curve, I worked out how to do it.
So for any one else out there with the 10c who needs to know.

go into advanced menu.
select condition.
select and activate the required idle up switch you want to use.
go to throttle or pitch curve menu, and at the top it will have Norm(norm/idl1)
highlight Norm (outside of brackets) using the joystick and change it to idl1 using the wheel.
then with the switch in idle up position, and reading IDL1(IDL1) at the top , programme the curves as required.
when finished flick switch to norm position and curves should change back to norm curve,., flick idle up and curve should change accordingly.
Go to basic menu and select pitch or throttle curve Norm and check it is still ok with switch in either position.

Hopefully this will all work ok when I next fly the helicopter.

Thanks to all who replied as it got me thinking outside of the manual and got it worked out.

Darryl

Hope you have fun with the Heli...

Personally I (and i'm in a minority of this site) prefer Heli's... Planes are 'fun', but you can't beat the rush of a scale pass with a Chopper..

Check out my Heli vid in Aerial Photography.. Heli with onboard n ground cam, or summut..

Luv
Chrisie.. xx