Wild Thing 46

Hey everyone..

On Sunday evening I placed a bid on fleabay for a SAS Wildthing 46.
Well with a winning bid of a measly £40-50, I became the proud owner of a WildThing 46.
This is the pic from Fleabay........

Well, It arrived today....

So first things first.... I wasn't a fan of the covering and it was definately in need of recovering...

So I stripped it all back and recovered it!! (Lucky me, I had plenty of CW tape in stock and a selection of covering colours!!)

So here she is now ready to dominate the skies from her CAP position... (Combat Air Patrol)!!

Watch out Combatters.... I'm coming to get you!!!

Dave

Advert

Ah.......the trusty old WT Mk1.
I have now retired mine after several years of hard graft and replaced it with a Mk3.
Which one would be better in combat?...........the Mk3 every time. It penetrates better, finds lift better and is more manoeuvrable. It also recovers better when knocked out of the air.
Apart from all that, it's still a darned good fun plane and it is stronger than the Mk3.
Mine may well be up for sale if anyone comes up with an decent offer or it may end up on Flea Bay. Comes with Futaba (if I recall correctly) servos and switch harness.

• 5 months later...

Got my Mk3 from Alan Head beginning of December 11 and just recently put it together and covered it. I've tried it out a couple of times in 20-40 mph winds and so far so good. Still playing about with the trannie settings as I had it in my DX8 along with all my power models but decided to put it in my DX6i for clambering up the slope with. Just in case of acidents. crying Had to figure out how to get Differential in the DX6i with Elevons as the manual tells lies as I've discussed on another thread.

This is my first sloper and having great fun once I get there, why are all the best sloping sites at the top of a darned great hill. questionsmile o Not used to walking beyond the car bonnet.

It certainly serves to sharpen up the reflexes. Bit more practice and I might make a pilot yet.

Alwyn