Centra CUK2402 compatible receiver

Shaunie

I have been given a Centra CUK 2402 transmitter, it's had about 3 minutes of flying time which was how long it took a friend of mine to lose the heli he was trying to fly with it (I know where it is to within 20metres or so but after hours of looking and finding bits of rotor blade, no luck).
My question is this, Is there a compatible receiver available for sensible money so I can make use of it for a parkflyer (fixed wing). Seems a shame to use it as a doorstop. The trouble as I see it is that many of these 2.4GHz sets use proprietry protocols so I very much doubt that an Orange receiver will be any good.
Shaun

Advert

You could contact a Century UK dealer to see whether addtional Rx's are available, Shaunie.

I don't know whether it would work but another option might be to put in a hack module like this one which would give you access to inexpensive Rx's. I haven't done it myself but I believe it's only 3 wires to be soldered and two holes drilled.

Plenty of info on the GC forum about the conversion.

Is it worth the trouble, that's the question.

Pete

Thanks Pete,
Been to Century UK's website. Receivers seem to be about 60 quid and mostly for co-axial helis at that. For that money I can get a complete airborne set for my Spektrum!
Just off to that link you gave, that may be the answer. Like I say only want it for park flier stuff.
Shaun

Purely in the interests of scientific evaluation (i.e I'm a nosey git) I took the back off. It's a Walkera, all the p.c.b's are marked WK-2408-something. I t looks nvery much like a WK-2402 transmitter.
Several suppliers are offering Walkera receivers, I just need to find what is compatible. Rc-bargains.co.uk are offering the rx408 for about 30 quid but need to check if this is suitable. Otherwise it maybe an Frsky alternative although they don't offer something specific so I would have to knife-and-fork it.
Shaun