Garway Hill advice

Hello all,

Ok having spent many decades flying powered now only electric i have always had an urge to try slope saoring. So being 40mins from Garway hill a SAS wildthing 60 is in the post. I visited Garway saturday 5th Nov but no-one was flying. Is there any advice about this site before i give it a go, i have queried SCSA about membership also as they seem to have quite a few good sites fairly close to me. When i visited Garway to me the conditions seemed ideal i.e. a fairly strong constant wind coming up the main slope, the one on the other side to the path upto the top, but no-one was around so either everyone was at tescos or my interpretation of ideal is way off, hence this posting. Any advice greatfully recieved.

Thanks
Andy

Advert

Works best in a SW to NW, but you thermal in the valley on a southerly in summer. No club as such but often quite a crowd if the wind is in the right direction, you must have been unlucky.

I'm away on business at the moment so that's my excuse. Drop me a pm and I'll e-mail you when we are next going.