Zulu ET cabin

fly boy3

Hi all ,Looking at the pictures of Lindsay Todd's Zulu ET, I see the canopy fixed with very small screws. Seems to me they are screwed into balsa. Am I right, and if so is this good practice. I am nit picking here ,as this is a great model, and I cannot yet decide what mode of power to use on it. Cheers

Advert

Hi fb3,
Yes it's an electric jobbie,thats all i fly these days since ruining my car upholstry on the muck that comes out of exhaust.
I did drill small holes into the acetate sheet first,it helps to make a neat job.
The colour scheme was chosen by my 11 year old daughter ,she liked the plane and asked me to build it,so it seemed fitting for her to call the shots and she has flown it as well.

Go ahead and build one,it's a pleasing plane to build and fly,lindsay done a good job on it.Im looking forward to hearing more on his current projects .

Cheers
Vince

Hi Vinnie,

Its been with the editor for some considerable time to be honest, I can only suggest you give him a prompt. I have had a few people ask the same question but at this point its a bit out of my control really. Its a shame as a huge amount of effort went into her to get the off water pics and some niggles sorted, but I guess compared to some its a complex model and so they have to pick the right time. You have to be patient in this game sometimes. But It would be nice to see it published. I have flown the prototype quite a bit now and added a few tweeks to the design, nothing significant just fine tuning.
Linds