Looking to get a warbirds Replica but cant decide which !

Towlie

Hi guys,

I need some help choosing what to build !

So been looking for a kit to build over the winter and I think I have settled on the Warbird replica kits as these to not only have excellent reviews but really do look the part despite their size.

I was tempted by a top flite kit but think I build one a Warbird replica first.

So my question is which one to build I am really torn between the Mustang, the Spit and the Bf 109 .

So come on guys help me out let me know what you think I should build and why and if possible colour schemes to temp me

Thanks

Advert

I knew I should have put that lol, I have built quite a few models most recently a Fusion funfly and a plan for an IL2 Sturmovic, but have built several flair kits and precedent kits in the past not mention quite a few ARF assemblies

I am the same as you, I am curently building a Topflite Seafury. With what you have built so so one of the Topflite Kits should be no problem for you. Their instructions are very well writen and the gold edition warbird kits they are supurb and they have a good range to choose from.

Oh Mystar now you have added even more to my list, what

So could be the P47 , P51, Spitfire, Seafury and Corsair as well as the Warbirds kits.

I do already have a Parkzone spity mk9 which is a gorgeous and looks great but kinda feel that I should get something different.

Well plans did cross my mind but if I went there I am pretty sure I'd end up building a biplane either a Hind or Gladiator but gonna save that project.

The reason I got a little scared of the top flite kits was this video on youtube that made it look abit epic. Video is here http://youtu.be/-LEZca5YOik sorry Mods but it wouldnt embed whatever i tried.

Argh my list is getting longer not shorter help ! 

Jon

Edited By Towlie on 29/11/2011 17:26:12

Edited By Towlie on 29/11/2011 17:27:12

Well started off thinking I was going to get a Warbird Replica, but have now decided on a Top Flite P-51 !

Few reasons for this one the warbirds replica was a little on the small side and I dont think it would have lasted the full winter( unless of course we get a windless sunny winter lol) and I thought the Mustang would be relatively easy to build compared to a Spit or a Thud.

So just waiting for the LMS to get one if from Ripos and will try and post some pics of the build.

Still don't have a colour scheme for it yet, would like something different from all the Arf's out there, guess I have some time to decide still.

Thanks for the help guys.

Jon

Thanks Neil thats an excellent forum and I think I will be referring to that quite often.

Still thinking about colour schemes and think I may go for this

only problems I foresee with this is I am struggling to find any more images of "Little Freddie" and of course the aluminium finish, any one used Flite metal or similar ?

Should be picking the kit up at the end of the week from the LMS cant wait.

Thanks for all the help everyone who posted.

Jon

• 4 weeks later...
So Finally got my Top Flite kit just before Christmas unfortunately I couldnt get a Mustang as Ripos were out of stock so I ended up with a P-47 Thunderbolt kit instead !

So I just wondered if anyone would be interested in a build blog for this ? it wont be the quickest build in the world due to work etc just wondered if there was any point taking pics etc of the build ?

Let me know guys also feel free to send me potential colour schemes for a Razorback Jugs