Futaba 2.4GHz 12 FG

I have just found out that Futaba are to bring out a 2.4 fasst sytem radio with 12 channels. I had to laugh when I read that if you place an SD card in the back of the transmitter you can store up to 1882 model memories. But apart from that the rest of the features are more down to earth. I just wondered if anyone had managed to find out how much this radio is going to cost?  I also see that it is now possible to order the Futaba 7c in 2.4 from America for $339 (170 quid?) someone at my club has just ordered one! What are your opinions?   Al

Advert

I doubt they are legal to use in the UK, easily checked. Check also with your insurance, you may not be covered for thier use if they are not UK legal. All clubs should check with the insurance as thier members may well not be covered when using a non-compliant transmitter and to allow thier use on club sites may leave the clubs liable in law.

Use of non-compliant radio transmitters leaves the user liable to various penalties including confiscation and fines. Don't rely on "joe soap" saying ,,,,,,

Thanks for the warning Flytil, Luckily I dont fly in the UK, but, why would they be illegal? they have 2.4 in England. Still its worth checking for when I do come home. OH and just in case anyone was wondering I have now managed to find out the price for the 12 channel....$1199    (£587.) now all I need is a downloadable manual to see if the cheaper 7c 2.4 will cover my needs, the biggest need being the need to pay as little as possible   Al