'true-scale' RC model gliders, around 1:6 scale

edwin lovegrove

I am returning to building model aircraft, having not built one for twenty years or so, and in particular I wish to build a scale glider, around 1:6 scale, which does not involve instant assembly of pre-manufactured parts, but does involve significant construction from detailed plans. A Minimoa would be a good example, in that it would involve using traditional materials, though I could be interested in building a more modern sailplane of 1970s vintage depending upon how complicated might be the materials involved.
I do not want to build 'semi-scale' models. I buitt the Graupner 1:6 scale 'Cirrus' which is still beautiful and intact after 33 years but is disappointing insofar as the injection-moulded plastic fusilage is not strictly in scale.
I look forward to receiving advice upon what might be a suitable model for me ?
Regards
Edwin Lovegrove

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Edin, try clicking here as this is a link to free model aircraft plans that are out of copyright. I hope they are not too old. You can get a printing firm to blow them up to the size you require.

Just search for the plans you want, it's arranged by categories too, like free flight, gliders, radio contolled etc....smiley

Edited By Stuart Eggerton on 20/03/2012 18:22:06

• 1 month later...