C & K motors

Advert

These are Chris Kemp motors, and you will find his site Here

Now the bad news ...Chris has decided to call it a day, and the business is up for sale /sold. Pity as his stuff was very good, I have built a couple of his motor kits, and still have another waiting to be done.

There will of course, be plenty of suitable alternatives

Yes, I am sure you are right. The site was known as Brushless motors.co.uk

There is a similar USA site Gobrushless.com. They have a range of small motors, as kits or ready built.

My own view is that there are so many small ready built brushless motors at reasonable cost, it is easier and as cost effective to buy finished. That is unless that you want to build one or want to build specifically to specification.

I have a max cf2822, which I believe can now be bought for £5. Seems well made to me!

Regards

Erfolg

Timbo

You have done it again,

Know where I can get any CF2212s for similar money, want to build a P38 Lightening.

The Cf2822, I use on a Tomboy, pulls it around with no problems. A tremendous motor, turns big propellers at slow speed with no problem. Posted a picture of it on this site once, no end of problems until, Lipo, brushless (was 480 with 800 Nicad) and recognised that RC power models, need adapting from free flight with Diesel motors.

Erfolg

Well this is very similar spec to the 2212

http://www.giantcod.co.uk/emax-brushless-outrunner-motor-221025-1500kv-p-255.html
heres the specs for the 2212

2-3Li-Poly
KV 1534
Max. efficiency 82%
Max. efficiency current 7 – 16 A (>75%)
No load current / 10 V 0,9 A
Current capacity 16 A

Dimensions 22x10 mm  Shaft diameter 3 mm  Weight 39 g

Prop (on a 3s) 7X6 = 11000 rpm @ 15.5A

............and heres the 2210 spec
 2-3x Li-Poly
RPM/V 1500
Max. efficiency current 8 - 10.5 A (>75%)
No load current / 10 V 0,5 A
Current capacity 18 A

Dimensions 28x27 mm  Shaft diameter 3 mm  Weight 45 g

Recomended prop 7X6"-8"

• 2 weeks later...
The triplane in the latest RCM&E calls for 4mm depron for the wings; I find it is only manufactured in 3 or 6mm. The wings are shown with a curvature, and I wondered how you get that to stay. It also suggests bonding with cyano; mine desolves depron. As a beginner of many years standing, I could really do with some advice. It was suggested that I go lay in a darkened room till the desire to build a triplane went away.

I think it does say that you CAN use 3mm for the wings if you want, so I would do that. I wondered about retaining the camber of the wing shape too, - couldnt see any mention of how to do it, but if I do the build ( and I am seriously considering the fokker ) I thought about gluing on some light balsa ribs under the surface to hold its shape ?

As for the cyano - just ensure you ask for odourless / foam friendly cyano

Thanks Timbo. I have built the fus and wondered about adding ribs to hold the curvature of the wings, but thought that if Cyril had intended Jedelsky wings he would have shown them, especially on the plan. I think it is something more clever than that and he does hint at showing how to do the wings in the next issue. I was hoping someone had used a technique in the past - heating or something. Thanks for the cyano tip. I do think that the cf2822 at about 2oz. would be too heavy for a model with an all-up weight of under 6.25oz.

Very easy to put curvature into depron wings. Just take wings into kitchen and put the bottom surface along the worktop edge and pressing gently move the wing from leading edge to trailing edge, keeping doing this until required section is formed. It will maintain the section but if you wish you can add ribs. There is a lot of information about working with depron on the RC Groups Forum from TheEzone Website.

• 1 month later...