own design - something like Extra

Adrian Day

Hello everyone, pretty new to this one and trying something new to me
started this one about 3 weeks ago but now having a few problems with wings

So if anyone wants to give me some advice i would welcome it with open wings..

I will add pictures as and when i can but my basic design looks something like this and here is some pictures of how far I have got so far build pictures will follow..

hope to hear from you all soon
Adrian

Advert

Thank you Delta whiskey

thinking about going down the IC road with this one ,was going with the SC 50 for its size fus is about 42" in length and wing span now looking close to 60" = around 840sq.in = tailplane is 20" = 121sq.in now not to sure if its up to it.

depending on AUW may have to change my plan and get a little bigger

If anyone has something of similar size please advise on what you used:::

Adrian

Fuselage is looking good. To my eyes the wings look a little small in proportion to the tail. Is your drawing plus ailerons or including ailerons? Just working on the 'if it looks right it probably is right' premise, I wonder if the proportions woul look right if you add ailerons on the second plan, ie in addition to the wing shown. I'm happy to be declared wrong!

Hi VA i agree with you there the lading gears a little fragile if your going by the elastic band holding it thats just till i have worked on the solid mount..
as for the weight think its going to be more like 3-4

thanks for you kind words GrahamC on the fuselage im not sure on the wing size myself 
 i think the second looks a little better than the first one.. but have worked on the 14.5% tailplane and the drawing was with ailerons on it but think i will go with your idea of putting tham on out the side of my drawing.
have looked at it n think it would be better that way

Im new to this so if anyone think its not that great i do understand and please remember  this is not somthing i have been doing years so im learning by the second ,
thanks for comments so far

Adrian

Edited By Adrian Day on 19/12/2011 22:11:23

Edited By Adrian Day on 19/12/2011 22:14:30

• 1 month later...