which hills and where

i live in bagillt north wales and ive just bought a wildthing,can anyone point me to local bumps apart from the obvious orme,i read timbos thread the joy of slope and bought one so its his fault so maybe someone could help me with some hills close enough for a quick throw between driving lessons ,also any pointers on flying slopes as i have been flying power for years.

Advert

All the pointers you need ( apart from a helper for your first few sessions ) are in the joy of slope thread I reckon. Youre only a few minutes from Holywell, and therefore not far from Denbigh where you may find a few bumps. Iawnski who frequents this 'ere forum occasionally lives in the area, and may be able to help, why not PM him?
Me, well I just go to the Orme of course as its so close to home.
You're welcome to join me up there if you fancy it...just send me a PM.
Wildthings love the Orme

Edited By Tim Mackey on 23/12/2011 23:55:11

Hi Andrew,

I'm one of Tim's victims , showed an interest and that was it , I'm into sloping. The trek to the Great Orme is worth it but not exactly convenient from Bagilt and even less convenient form South Cheshire where I live. None the less I intend to make special trips out there from time to time - but what about inbetween times.

Well I don't know too many slopes yet but I do know that if you email Loggerheads Country Park Rangers they will send you an application form for a model flying permit at the incredible cost of around £7.00 for 12 months, this let's you go soaring off Moel Famau and that's not too far from you. I've got my permit but haven't been there yet.

Keep an eye open too for Dave Gilder and myself on this forum - we intend to be visiting Bosley Cloud again when the weather is suitable, it's further to go but we'd welcome you along.

Do, do as Tim suggests and have a look at the Joy Of Slope thread and also here'sa thread for our last visit to Bosley Cloud.

Edited By Ian Jones on 24/12/2011 00:57:30

well its taken 3 days to read the joy of slope thats one hell of a thread you started timbo,obviously i was diverted to other stuff being xmas but i now know a lot more ,many thanks to all who contributed,i will be sussing out something local but i know the orme will pull me there,i have fished around that area many a saturday night so its not an insurmountable distance it just means i have to stay longer to make it worthwhile well thats my defense m'lord