How untidy is your workshop?

Advert

If you think i am going to tell you or admit to any one else about the models that are complete, half built or in need of repair, the empty beer cans, balsa scraps, not to mention the bits of plastic, wood, metal or empty pie tins, the, recycled wire, computer parts, or, the tools, paint tins, nuts, bolts screws that sit, On, Under, Behind or over my work benches, you are kidding yourself. HOW EMBARASSING, i don't want anyone to know. imagine asking a question like this? no respect.

My workshop doubles as a living room, so has to be fairly tidy especially with a 2 year old in the house (all tools, glues etc are always kept well out of reach in a locable rolling tool chest, next to the woodburner). Room is split equally, have to be fair i suppose, little un has about 25% for his toys, missus has about 25% for her seat and bits, and the rest for me cool

The down side is with 4 builds on the go I could do with more room, so the missus will have to move outside, well she can see the tv from there, or theres always the kitchensurprise

• 2 months later...

I am in the process of redecorating my workshop so it is rather untidy. One of the attractions of buying our house some years ago was a large room built onto the back of the double garage. It has a double brick wall, which I had cavity filled along with the rest of the house. New double glazing, and a new felt roof. Then came a sink and water, and lots of cupboards.

I also do quite a lot of woodwork and one of my best investments was a dust extractor. That lives in the garage and I have ducting through into the workshop. Little or no noise and NO DUST.

Somehow though, I never seem to get it quite tidied before the next project starts.

My workshop is great. I can usually sneak parcels in there before OH sees. smiley TV and old Sky dish for company, plus kettle and I'm all set.