HK Dynamic-S

Devon Flyer

Ok, so that worked.................not really as well as hoped though..............

The 9.75x7 gives it vertical performance it didn't have before, static thrust def better, but that pitch increase does not translate into more top speed.

Top end is about the same as with the 12x?(6?) supplied. Wasn't able to test as well or long as I wanted due to the tight location and windless conditions, as I was somewhere you do not want to do a lot of hot landings, even with spoilerons and flapperons programmed .

However, for what I want and bought it for, a decent foam no-build glider with power recovery safety, it is probably now quite OK. Good acceleration and instant power, albeit no hotliner or even warmliner performance.

Still have not had a chance to fly it or the Blaze with the power recorder attached.

Asking my LMS for folding props is asking for unobtanium, and I currently only have smaller sizes, so further prop experimentation won't be possible in the next few days.

A mate turned up at the field with one of these yesterday. Flew really well for a lump of foam, but it didn't have the performance of the Blaze. Will mention the prop change to him, but as he is learning at the moment, I'm not sure he will be that bothered. Seemed to climb well under power and the decals make it much more visable.

Can't remember how much he paid from the UK warehouse, but it was around the 90 quid mark. There are about 5-6 Blaze's at the heli field at the moment, gliders seem to be very popular !!!. I've still got my old JP Pretty which whilst not as fast, is definitely better at hunting the thermals.

Cheers,

Simon

Put mine together last night and had a play with props. The stock Blaze 10x6 measured around 320w and 26 amps.

Stock Dynamic-S 12x6 is 270w and 24 amps.

I tried aeronaut 11x6 blades with the Dynamic-S and got 290w and 26 amps.

So I've sent off for some aeronaut 10x6 blades and we'll see what they do. Certainly the stock Dynamic doesn't produce the power of the stock Blaze.

The Blaze ESC was/is rated at 30 amps and the similar looking but unmarked Dynamic-S ESC is, I assume, the same. I fitted a better quality 40-amp ESC to my Blaze that seemed to help the system breath more easily and generate more power and have just done the same to the Dynamic-S with similar results so an 11x6 with a 40 amp ESC generates 310 watts and 29 amps.

All measurements using a 2200mAh 60c Overlander Extreme Li-Po.

Flying report to follow.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 31/07/2012 09:28:51