Finished my Weasel - all done and ready to maiden tomorrow at Woolacombe.
I used EPower 12g metal geared servos and switch harness from GC and a Vapextech 850mAh Instant AAA Rx pack. I opted for the one piece build, without magnets, as it's pretty small anyway and chucks in the back of the car easily.

Plain white underneath, so should orientate well.
I used Fablon for the markings.

I made some Weasel stickers up on printable vinyl with a laminate covering.

This should wind the Magpies up...........

Edited By Devon Flyer on 21/01/2012 14:53:37

Advert

Looks great,
I maidened my weasel last week and have to say there are
Brilliant!!! Just remember to reduce the rates and dial in some expo as there extremely sensitive. To be honest they make me look a lot better pilot than I actually am, but they give you lots of confidence and you can try lots of aerobatics and easily recover if you get it wrong

Have fun

Tony

It's a blast!
Flown a few times now in winds up to 30mph.
Upped the travel on surfaces considerably, from standard set up, as I tend to fly like a hooligan.
Impressed with the penetration and stability for such a small plane - this one will be going along on most sessions.
Great value plane and well engineered.

Hi Devon Flyer,

What was the AUW when it was finished, and did you have to ballast it in 30mph winds? I've not had the chance to properly try mine out yet, I was wondering if I should take some ballast with me when I do!

r.

Personally...I would not add ballast to it - it goes against the whole ethos of it. It was designed to be a light wind flier, and it does this superbly. I have flown mine - un-ballasted in 40+ MPH and providing your launch technique( easy with the finger grips built in ) is good, and your reactions are quick, shes fine. Adding ballast is all well and good, and of course helps stability, penetration and speed in high winds - the downside is the extra inertia is your enemy when it "arrives" back to mother earth in a less than perfect way. Just my opinion of course.

Nice job with the Fablon . I love mine, it goes to all my slope sessions and comes camping with us. I also use it to quickly test the lift before I throw anything bigger and more expensive off the hill, but a quick lift testing flight soon turns in to a longer sortie simply because I enjoy flying it so much, lol!