Arrowind esc help

Rusty C

Hie lads I have just received a new esc in the post today and need a tiny bit of advice please

All I need to know is if anyone has advice on a low voltage cut off, The esc as default is set to 0.0 which the booklet tells me is the automatic setting for lipo, And it senses low volts at 2.85 per cell giving me a cut off at 11.4 for my for 4s.Is this to low?

I dont have much knowledge of lipo's but I do know they dont like over dischargingI have found a huge read on lipo's online so must get reading

Thanks

Rusty

Advert

2.85V per cell is fine for most lipos - thats an "under load" voltage, so as soon as the cut off kicks in, the voltage will rise almost immediately. If you really want to get the maximum life out of them, you go as high as 3.0V per cell. I use around 2.8V m'self.
Having said that, I never fly to LVC, I use a timer and always land before the LVC kicks in.

Thanks Timbo. I think i will just leave it where its at then.
As for the timer I will probably take up this approach also, I have not done a full flight on one battery yet so will make this my next task at the field.

Not a clue what i will get out of it yet Hopefully around 12 or 13 mins with my sedate learner flying

Cheers

Rusty