Kyosho Calmato E wing joining?

steve watkin

First ARF build as a returnee after a 5 year lay off.
When it comes to joining the wing halves together on the high wing Calmato the instructions suggest that all you have to do is push the substantial plywood dihedral brace into each half and tape the two together over the centre section ! Seems a little risky to me but I appreciate that things change over the years....................will this work or should I really be using epoxy?

Advert

if you decide to glue it, i must stress that there must be room for the actual glue, if the spar is a dead fit in the slot, then there will be no glue gluing just the wing halves together seems just a balsa to balsa join, waste of time---and glue good strong spar, good fit in the spar box, dowels up front, 2 bolts down back, what are you going to do with the thing? 3d flying? its a trainer,

Posted by Alan 4 on 06/02/2012 16:53:08:
, what are you going to do with the thing? 3d flying? its a trainer,

What do you think puts the most stress on a wing centre joint, an experienced pilot doing low airspeed 3D or a beginner not realising that he is loosing height and gaining air speed and then suddenly pulling full up as the ground comes into view?

Well it is a "trainer" !!

• 3 weeks later...