RC Flight simulators for MACs

Nigel Le Maistre

I want to learn and fly a model aircraft. I got some advice that says that it's a good idea to get a good RC Flight Sim and get some practice in before going it solo to pick up the basics. Unfortunately all the RC flight simulators i have come across run solely on Windows and not Mac.

Does anyone now of any Mac based rc flight sims or know where i can find one?

kind regards

Nigel

Advert

Nigel

May be of help:

Quote from Phoenix Simulator Web Site: 

Phoenix has also been tested on Intel-Macintosh computers running Bootcamp software and Windows XP.

Please note that Phoenix does not run on standard (non-Intel) Macintosh computers, or the Apple OSX operating system.

• 11 months later...

You can also use VMware fusion for Mac.

Its similar to bootcamp only you dont have to reboot your mac. It runs a "virtual machine" in mac os x so its great for any tasks that might force you to use the dredded "microsoft" hehe

Like flight sims....

Only problem is you are then effectivly running 2 machines at once, so you won't get the full use of your hardware doing it with VMware. although it is quicker to boot into and u still have the use of your mac while your using windows. NICE!

http://i317.photobucket.com/albums/mm368/mikeymatteo/Personal%20Pics/Picture1.png

(edit) p.s. I know how you feel about contamination but with this its also just a single "dump" file that contains the whole windows installation on your mac so you just delete that file and windows is gone! Although you would have to go though installation again if you wanted to use it.I've successfully used FMS on VMware. Granted it wasn't the best it could be but thats because of the sharing hardware thing. Usable though.

• 3 weeks later...

Also there is a Slope soaring simulator - Oddly enough called SSS that works on Apple Macs.

It's not the best graphics in the world and again, is generally programmed for slope soaring but i think it would still give you some experience with how to control a model. I'm very much in the beginner stages of model flying myself.

It can be a bit hard to set up, so if you think you may want to give it a try, just let me know and I'll be happy to talk you through.

Mikey