which vintage kit?

Alex Gibbs

hi guys,

im comfortable flying bigger models now, and im really interested in the vintage high wing and bi plane models...

ive only build one kit before, so im not comfortable just haveing plans, id rather another kit.

so my question is, what are the best high wing/bi plane kits for vintage out there?

oh, and id rather build a biplane as they are more interesting, just saying :P

thanks again,

gibbo

Advert

Hello Alex

I have to admit that I am a biplane addict , to me they are real planes. I fly other planes as hacks in the poor weather, so as not to risk some thing I have built from scratch and care about.

ARTF's have their place but I don't worry about flying them and possibly having an "ooo - nasty!"

I have built a 3 biplanes and I tend to stick to the DB Sport and scale ones . I can recomend the Cirrus Moth 40, in the air, it has great presence and it's flying characteristics will give you confidence.

IMHO You have to use a FS motor and the pilot has to have a white scarf.!

(It will also make you to use the rudder!)

Cheers

Roger

Hi Alex

Sacrilege......... you will have to fit a sound card !!! .......You will have to forgive me, the diesel and glow fuel fumes have got to me over the years.

If you look on the DB Sport and Scale site the kit does, I am sure indicate an alternative el*ctrical set up. From memory it is a set up by BRC hobbies.

Cheers

Roger

Roger

Hi Alex

The Cirrus Moth has ailerons but the model and the original plane has a slight dihedral and as with the scale model and the real thing you have to fly using coordinated aileron and rudder. It will help teach you to fly as per the pilots had to . BUT the Moth is so forgiving.

Roger