Fly guy

I have just finished build a surfer dude on a surf board and found a build thread for a flying man. This website /forum build thread is full of the plans and videos for how to fly and gives great design ideas.

best to think of the design first as I just cut mine out then though gaunlet gloves wound be a nice touch but would have been better in the cutting stage rather than an add on.

Flying man = flyguy

Edited By Gaz Elliott on 29/02/2012 12:58:01

Advert

Motor suggested is an 1806 2500kv motor from hobbyking but out of stock so which motor is best~~~~~?

pole an stator from Robot birds

3800kv

10g in weigt

7.4lipo

9amps

14850 rpm load speed

GW/EP5030 prop

225g of thrust

or

this from BRC

Specification:
* Type: BRC D1811
* Class: Brushless
* KV (rpm/V): 2000
* Number of cells: 2S LiPo (7.4V)
* Maximum current: 6A (for 20 seconds)
* Constant current: 4.5A
* Dimensions: Diameter 18mm, Length: 30mm (including mount & shaft)
* Shaft diameter: 2mm
* Weight: 10g (with mount)
* Recommended ESC: 10A
* Prop range: GWS 5 x 3 Hyper Drive or GWS 7 x 3.5 Hyper Drive
* Recommended for models in the 4 to 7 ounce range.

your help is appreciated

Ken this is a super hero. His hands are bionic!!!!It is suggested to tape his nose as the landing tends to scuff it a bit as the video shows.
Motor i have found a cf2812 in my box and wil have a play with this it will certainly have enough power. and iI will adjust with either 3 or 2 cell. need to use a prop of 5inch diameter maximum. this is advertised as 5inch prop motor
Will defo use the watt meter

Okay I need some help to confirm.

the airframe rx esc servos weights 193g ( no motor or battery)

I have an emax 2812 1600kv motor and 3 cell lipo 800mah 20c ( 67g lipo and 38g battery) totla 250g

on the watt meter this set up pull 65 watts and 6 amps on a 5 x 5 prop

This is about 120watts per pound.

Question is should i go for a higher kv motor to get more watts or would this be okay???

Great stuff . Decided to get a 2500kv motor £8 from robot birds . 4.75 pitch and diameter prop and 3 cell. Awesome watts of 135 at 220g so about 270 per lb . Probably pitch down . Test flight and off he went at half throttle into search for someone in distress..... Little did he know I es the most distressed but all went smoothly . Great build and great flight . Looking firsts to flying in a little less windy conditions ss it was at the limit for this size I think . Video to insert but you tube doesn't give the old embed code on my iPhone on a address so will have to wait til on pc . All cut from 1sheet of depron mega value plane!!!

It is too addictive. I just bought 6mm depron and have started to cut out the 62 inch version . Got Mott parts just to order the 900 - 1000 kv motor which I found reasonably cheap. Poss use standard servos in this one as I have a few in various states of repair from early days flying . I( I had a good year last year and no crashes , all seems to be fitting into place now in a natural way . Not needing to focus as hard .)

it is fitting on 3 sheets of depron . The plan says you put a ply support round the chin and into the neck. I think I will cut out in 3mm ply and depron . Sandwich together .

The 31 inch build went together so easily. It was also my first build ( or even put together of an artf as second hand they all come ready built!!!) cost of the parts for 31 is £3 depron , £8 motor, £9 esc , 2x5.6 servos at £2.60 . Lipo is an800 mah 3 cell£7 , prop £1, push rod at £1. Paint was cheap from home bargains £2 . So about £40. The plan takes time to cut out and stick together. I then Sellotape at point to the depron to hold in place and cut round then finally cut through the taped area .

Who shall be my next hero format ?????? I can hear Ken shouting for " Young Ashers, he is our hero!!!!!"

• 2 weeks later...