floats on MP twinstar

martyn sharp

Back in the April 2010 issue the was an article called Aquarama by Alex Whittaker and there was a photo of the MP twinstar on floats ( It E=evan made the front cover ) converted by a peter Lewis up in Windermere if anyone knows the model or Peter and can get the details of the floats and motors props etc i would be greatfull as i want to do the same

many thanks for any help

Martyn

Advert

• 1 month later...

I have seen somewhere, where a chap added some foam built back to proper "step" position to make one into a flying boat rather than floatplane, added some wing floats for water ballance. Good flyer too.

Alisdair Sutherland at the Garnock Valley Flying club website has details of how to design and build your own Floats.

Well I have a Twinstar 2 but as yet I have not thought of immersing it! The Twinstar is about the same size as my Radio Modeller RM Trainer which dates back to about 1984. I have the RM magazine write-up and plan for the RM Trainer which includes a float option as illustrated on the front of the magazine. My guess is the floats would suit the Twinstar ?

MJE

Thanks mike thats going to realy usfull been ait held up at the moment bad wrist but here is where i am at the moment i found a thread on an other website by the guy who had the mx tw on the front page on the april 2010 Issue and I managed to get a
link 
but in 640mm size and also got one of these from the states link

so i will see how its all works out

Martyn

PS to the MODs links can't seem to set to a name

Edited By Chris Bott - Moderator on 01/05/2012 20:07:44

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the delay with the reply

John just seen the Photo of your twin star more details please and photos i have re-engine mine and need to get new props (this weekend hopefully then i will start the conversion .

I have another TW for the parkfly plastic conversion. Nottingham is a bit far for me as i,m down in dorset if anyone is interested i will update on my progress

Martyn

Sorry about the delay with the reply

John just seen the Photo of your twin star more details please and photos i have re-engine mine and need to get new props (this weekend hopefully then i will start the conversion .

I have another TW for the parkfly plastic conversion. Nottingham is a bit far for me as i,m down in dorset if anyone is interested i will update on my progress

Martyn