Phoenix. What version are you using?

Geoff Smith 1

Advert

Geoff, from past experience most people (at least the online players) are on the latest version. The situation becomes a bit more complicated when there's a new major version being beta tested, then some people will be on the highest "old" version, some on the new beta test version, and that can change (ie a new beta version) several times a week.

I've just fired-up my Phoenix (haven't run it for a few weeks) and it's on 3.0s. It's offering me - but so far failing to deliver - an upgrade to 4.0j. I think there was a beta test going on when I last used it, I guess that's now finished.

OK, just had a quick look on the Phoenix website. The 4.0a Beta launched in early February. The latest is labelled 4.0jFINAL which I guess from the name and the fact that it was offered to me as an upgrade from 3 is now the new "current" version. Probably the server is busy at the moment with lots of people upgrading (or attempting to!)

Edited By John Privett on 02/04/2012 20:05:04

Hiya John. I have upgraded from V3.0s to V4.0i. Like you I'm having problems upgrading to V4.0j Final. I agree with what you said about the beta testing and this is what me upgrade in the first place. I had tried to join various sessions only to be told that they were using a version higher than mine so not to be left out in the cold I upgraded so that I could join in. Guess what? I am now being told by some sessions that my version is too high. ARGHHHHH!

Geoff