Flying site in the Gravesend area?

Nose Dive

Hi everyone,

After what seems to be a 4 year break (I can't believe it's been that long!!!) I'm finally getting back to doing a little bit of flying with my planes. They are all electric and mostly made of foam: Stryker, Midget Mustang, Soareasy, and the new addition a V-Trainer just to refresh my memory

I would love to join my local club, but due to work and family constraints I would probably only be able to get there a few times a year, so the yearly membership charge combined with the one off joining fee would mean it's not a very cost effective option. Hence I'm asking if anyone knows of a suitable public flying site around the Gravesend, Kent area away from the masses of dog walkers and parents out with their little ones.

It's not that I'm a bad flyer that crashes upon every flight, but as always safety comes first and you never know when disaster may strike. When I'm flying in my 'local' Jeskyns Park (just off the A2), many families stop to watch and enjoy the sight, but of course my mind always returns to "what if...."

Anyone know of a decent area where I can fling foam into the air without the worry?

Thanks all

• 11 months later...
Advert

Hi Chaps, and thanks for the replies.

It's been nearly a year since I made that post, and to be honest my situation has not changed that much. Since then I've gained a Multiplex Funcub (a fantastic plane by the way) but have been flying probably no more than 4 times, all at Jeskyns Park, and no, I've still not crashed LOL. I nearly got out last week, charged all my lipos and checked over the planes etc but the weather turned for the worse after Wednesday.

David, your suggestion that I contact the local club and tell them my position is a good one, and I will do just that. It's not that I can't afford the fees, more that it's just not worth it for the actual amount of flying time that I would be able to get due to my personal circumstances. Which leads me nicely to my next point.

Wouldn't it be great if clubs offered a 'pay and fly' scheme whereby people could just turn up, pay say a fiver and fly for the day, covered by the clubs insurance. Obviously someone from the club would have to check over the visitors plane to make sure it was air worthy, and the visitor would initially have to take a quick test to prove they can fly (buddy boxing or whatever). Wouldn't that help boost income to clubs and give the hobby a chance of gaining more regulars?

Glenn: I hope you get to go on Sunday and have a great day, I've been there before, just visiting without planes, and they seemed like a good bunch. I'd love to join you but as usual Sunday is spent cheering my lad on at his teams footie match!

Thanks again for the replies and info.

Best,

ND

Edited By Nose Dive on 15/03/2013 20:31:19