Honeybee King 2 drama

Steve Loates

I have been flying a Honeybee King 2 for a few months now and have had some good fun, however, recently the tail has been quite a handful and no matter what trim I put in or how I adjust the gyro gain, it keeps doing its own thing. I can hover it for a few minutes quite happily and then for now reason it suddenly yaws round to the right. I can hold it steady but only with almost full deflection of the tail control. Any ideas? the gyro was found to be insecure after one such flight so has been resecured, but it is still doing it. What is the replacement interval for the tail rotor drive belt?

Many thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
Advert

• 2 weeks later...

Al,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, but my broadband providers are crap (orange). I have re-fastened down the gyro and have adjusted the gain, however it has made no difference. I have had to attach a piece of plastic to the frame under the belt drive on the main shaft to try to stop it from coming off the pulley. Is it possible that the belt is a bit loose and if so should I extend the boom a fraction.

Thanks

Steve