Ripmax SE5A Servo Jitter

Marcus

My Dad has recently finished building a Ripmax Se5A and we've discovered a porblem. Ever since we took out the mocro reciever, and put in a dual conversion Futaba, the aileron servos (Tamiya Acoms As-16 s) jitter wildly in the central position. They're connected by a Y-lead. We've checked that its not that receiver, or that it is the aileron channel.

By the way, I flew it for its first flight last week. Does anyone else have one to tell me how it should fly? I found it wildly over sensitive and it didn't want to land into a stiff breeze.

Advert

First of all do a range check(aerial down on tx and about 30 paces)does the duel con rx have a duel con crystal fitted?Low battery`s and 2 servo`s in the same channell? I`m not saying these are faults, just possibilities.Other than that change the servo.As for the flight, without a doubt centre of gravity too far rearward,add a little wieght to the firewall.Good luck.

Colin.

Have you tried each servo seperately, and in different channels of the recvr? You are really just into a process of elimination scenario here. It could be the servo (s), servo wiring / plug, or the Y lead, or the rcvr socketry, or the battery, or length of leads, and so on. As I say, try each piece of the puzzle in different scenarios ( I take it you have another receiver to use as trial - just on the bench.... )

As they are aileron servos, then presumably the total lead length involved is quite long. This can sometimes cause unwanted "noise".

It's unusual in this day and age Marcus, most servos seem to be fit for purpose, it's usually a case of getting servos that are equal to the task in hand ie. have the required torque/ pulling power.

Naturally older servos or ones that have seen a few accidents may have wear or damage that could mean they have the jitters...

• 2 weeks later...
We have now fixed that darn jitter, but only by fitting 2 new servos and modifying the Y-lead. My Dad thinks it was the amount of wire that was causing it, something to do with the wire getting a positive voltage and it feeding back to the Rx lalala....