Mini Panic maiden

Phil May

Interesting thread, learned a lot about the MP, mine is still in its plasy-bag, as a jigsaw of bits. Looking at one in Avicraft the other day, there was definatly down thrust and the motor was mounted 2"-3" out on an ally mount.>>

Talking to the guys in the shop they said the press studs work fine if they are glued on with epoxy, first carefully coating the 'female' internal springs with oil, the male half is fixed with a match stick glued into the back of the 'stud' with micro balloons and cyno, the stick is then pushed into the wing end plate and super glued. Apparently they came up with this idea as the old method of sewing on was a problem if too thick a button thread was used, worked as a stand-off, and popped with any provocation.

I remember I had studs on my old full size panic 20 years ago, I can only recall them popping if my landing was poor.

I've been thinking about the motor, looked at all sorts, head going round . . . Then I thought 'an APC 32!!!" and I'm worrying about a 'Turnigy 3548 1100kv', the Turnigy sits in the draw doing nothing along with a Turnigy 40a ESC. Prop it for 30a 10x5?, add 2200mah's, go try to rip the wings off. After all, we know nose weight is usualy required, it might as well be 'vertical grunt type nose weight' . . . smile p

As Steve says, the big'ns are taking 90's and 120's . . . I think its the lightness of the construction that sits in the back of the mind, a couple of pounds and all that skeletal structure, maybe use solid colour film to hide it, rather than the traditional see through that have become a Panic trade mark?

CJS

Edited By Clifford Stone on 12/08/2012 13:59:53

Edited By Clifford Stone on 12/08/2012 14:01:52