A trip on my Tornado.

StuartC

Max Trust, Panavia Tornado fitted with a fly Cam one Eco. First time I have flown the tornado with the wings back. It was going so fast it was starting to peal the canopy glass off the foam base. Also I couldn't get the wings to extend again and had to land it with the wings back.

Advert

• 3 months later...

Its not a beginers aircraft. Managed to scare the poop out of myself a few times with it and I have been flying since 1985.

A beginners jet would be the A10. I have one with twin 55mm fans and its a rock solid performer in the air. Very stable, can fly very slow if needed. Check the other videos on the youtube channeel and you will find dozens of videos taken from my A-10's camera.

• 1 year later...

Oh the A-10's are not quick. Its a slow airframe, even with twin fans. My one had 2x 55mm fans running off a single 11.1v 1800mha battery.

They can be very very manouverable if you want them to be and great for the low level passes.

Only think I would say is watch the thrust from the motors. it blows air directly onto the elevator = you get more elevator response than you expect. But on the flip side if you cut the motors, you get a lot less response than you expect. Setting dual rates is a must.

@ Bernie - I mostly end up flying on my own due to the times that im available to fly which leaves me without a cameraman. But even when i do get flying with the others in my club, there not the best with the ole' camecorder. Theres is a couple or 3 videos taken by the camecorder on the youtube channel, some by me, some by whoever I was able to hijack into taking a video. There are camcorder videos of the A-10, Tornado, Spifire and my C-130 on the channel but they do end up as blurrovison quite often or scenery shots minus the aircraft. I need a way of flying and taking video on my own.

@John Melia1 - Thanks. I have flown from there since 1985, long before our club existed. But now its hard to get any one interested in the hobby and membership is low and the land owner is not making enough money off us apparently.