Phoenix

Tony Read 2

I persuaded a mate of mine to get Phoenix to sharpen his flying skills while he learns the basics.

Whilst it is an excellent product overall, one of the things that it does not seem to replicate very well is stalling and spinning. Is there a way to edit the planes so that stalling and spinning requires the standard recovery procedures?

Advert

Hiya Tony,

OK I've been doing a bit of fiddling around. Phoenix seems to have a fairly generic stall model, so there is a limit to what you can achieve here and the stall behaviour doesn't seem to be representative of the type of aircraft - certainly not in its default settings.

What I did do is I selected the model of the Corsair from the IC scale section and then selected "Model" and "Edit" then "Fine Tuning" in that section I reset the "Tip Stall Tuning" to 150%.

Then I went to the "Physical" section in the model's edit menu and set the frontal CoG at -0.3 - ie behind the CoP.

This produced much more realistic stall behaviour with a nice wing drop followed by a nasty flick if you tried to pick up the wing with the aileron and persisted with the up-elevator!

I can only suggest more fiddling around like this.

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 28/06/2012 17:20:49