I have a Spektrum DX7 TX with AR500 RX. 3 channels (Rudder using aileron channel, elevator and throttle).

I control the camera Pan using the rudder control channel. How do I set up my transmitter to control the Tilt? Can I programme Gear or second aileron channel to do this, and how?

Do I need a different receiver? If so which and again how do I do it?

Grandad Mick.

Advert

Hi Chrisie.

Thanks for your reply although I don't see how mixing a spare channel with elevator will help as I could just use a Y lead if I was going to use the elevator control.

I need to use a spare channel that is independent of the flight controls. With a 7 channel TX I thought this should be possible, I just don't know how.

Any idea how I can do it?

Regards

Grandad Mick

Using the AR500 Rx, Mick, you have the Gear channel spare. The 2nd Aileron pin-out is just, effectively a 'Y' lead connection for the main aileron channel, so that cannot be used.

I haven't got a DX7 but I would suggest you try to mix the 3-position Flap switch to the gear channel, with position 0 being 'Up', position 1 as 'level' and position 2 as 'down'.

If you added a servo-slow device, such as this one, you could slow the movement down to smooth out the transitionthumbs up

Pete

Pete B.

Thanks for your help with the Pan/Tilt. You put me on the right path. I,ve ended up with the rudder channel mixed with the gear channel and a switch to cancel mix when required.

Now, the tilt is automatic when rudder moved left/right or can cancel (so no tilt) if looking left/right.

Regards

Grandad Mick