New to Walkera 60 B

Owen Hailey

Hi all.

This is a chance for all the Walkera 60 heli pilots to have there say as to wether these are good or bad as so fare I am imprest with mine only had it three weeks but as the price is very inviting from the HK sittes on Ebay I thought I would give it ago, this seames to be a good starting point to get in to So called 3 D as this is new to me to. I have got the model that has got all the metal parts and a brushless motor and lipo, I have up graded the lipo to a 2200mah as the won that came with it was only 1100 mah this seamed the way to go as the c of g could not be acheved with the small lipo the Ready to fly thing was a no no, so I did the normal pre flyte settups, the padels were on the skew and this made it viberat at low head speeds and after ajustment it is fine it hovers very well with minim of trim on the sticks, but the out runner motor is small so this mabe a sorce of heat, so I will keep an eye on it so far so good, so all you walkera 60 owners out there let us hear your verdict.

happy flying.  

• 1 month later...
Advert

Hi Owen

Interested to hear how you get on with this one. I have one, bought second hand, on the building schedule. Trouble is, the schedule seems to get longer and longer.

Echo your thoughts on RTF. I have several Walkeras, and like them, but none were anywhere near flightworthy out of the box.

First impressions are favourable. Love the layout, also the slimness from the front. Huey Cobra body springs to mind.

Mine still has the brushed motor, but is flyable on that, with LiPo power.

Walkera electrics have a bad reputation, but in the 60 they seem to be a new design, so we'll see.

If you have a servo go, Tower Pro SG50 is a direct replacement.

H/H gyro as standard, cant be bad.

All I have changed so far is the receiver. Try as I might, I cannot fathom the programming of the Walkera Transmitter, so I have fitted a spare JR receiver, so I can use either Futaba or Hitec transmitter.

Will keep you in touch with progress.

Cheers

Jeff

Hi Jeff.

I was starting to give up on this fred as its been a wyle sins I wrote it, so dead happy to here from you, my Walkera 60 has been totaly good but there seames to be a lot of mixed fealings on the Walkera range so I must say that the tx is a bit hard to under stand so I just left it on the factory defult setting and this is ok so far.

thanks Owen.

• 3 months later...

Hi all.

The One thing that has plaged my Walkera 60b is the tendance for cracks to apper in the ali frames that hold every thing to getter I could not find a reason for this but put it down to pore material used in the first place and dicided to make my own parts to replace this part of the frame as it was very close to the brushless motor and every time it craked it took the teeth of the main gear and motor gear so was getting costly I have now got a set up for cutting new teeth on the main gear and are making new motor brass gears, since I have dun this mod it has not failed yet so hopfully this is a end to all the run of brak downs I have gone through in the last to weeks. 

• 1 year later...
Hi Folks,

I got a 60 last year and have been very under impressed with it. first day out the motor cooked, did a Ryan air landing on auto rotate but no damage. Walkera sent out a new motor, this time, tethered flight, motor cooked. So have now converted to brushless. 
After a couple of months of use machine became unstable after checking for loose screws etc I found the main frame was cracking so have now replaced with a more substantial modified frame. Now the tranny melted while charging batteries. Now given up for a while.

I have now just bought another Walkera thingy called  UFO 5. having seen some demos on Youtube.

First flight, it banked viciously to the left and fell out of sky, I managed to level just before ground hit it. Second flight, during very unstable hover, contrary to all the stability claims, it again banked and hit ground in that attitude, breaking the unbreakable blades. 

I have now decided not to puchase anthing else with the name Walkera, who incidentally don't reply to emails.

Staying with planks, maybe take Moskito out for an airing now and again.