Chorus of Concern

Hi all and a Happy New Year to you all,i have been looking at some old RCM&Es before passing them on and i was most interested in an article on the "Switch On" page by the editor Graham Ashby the mag is April 2002.It describes how after a re-run of the old Radio Modeller Chorus Gull Plan prsented in the February 2002 issue,one of the readers a Mr Clive Smalley from Coalville,Leicesteshire had some problems with you guest it Wing Ribbs supprise,supprise and said chap has plotted seperately all the wing ribbs and put them on a A3 size sheet,does anyone know the where abouts of this most splendid genttleman perhaps you could let me know or ask hit to get in touch,it does say you can write to theSwanley office for a copy of the ribbs but that was when the mag was run by Nexus and i dont think that kind of stuff is kept.If anybody can throw some light on this i would very much appreciate it,thanks in antisipation Doug Butterworth. 

Advert

Hi Allan thanks for your offer my E-Mail address is(/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif[/img][email protected]][email protected]) i keep digging stuff up on this model i suppose most of the hudles i am trying to get over have allready been done and dusted,but the chap from Coalville knows exactly what i am talking about anyway thanks again and regards Doug Butterworth.

• 10 years later...

Hi All, I have asked this question on other forums in order to capture as much feedback as possible, so apologies if you have already seen this post elsewhere.

I am preparing to build a chorus gull from RCME plan by Brian Peckham Feb 02. So far I have had the plan enlarged by 25% which gives me a 6ft wingspan. I have for example noted others have commented about issues with the wing rib sizes as shown on the plan, so this is one area where I would appreciate feedback.

So if you have built one of these from the RCM&E plan I woild be pleased to hear from you any any comments/advise you may have. Thank you

Here is a link to some information on this model...
**LINK**.