HELP! Why are all the wires black! :¬(

Purchased my first brushless set up from the local model shop. JP EnErG Pro ESC and GWS 3008/16T brushless outrunner.

It didn't occur to me in the shop, but now, at home, it hit home! All the wires for the motor connection are black on both items! On Youtube, a commenter might say W and also T followed by F!

Now I may be old-ish, and marginally behind the times, but my only other brushless set (for a 1/8th RC Truggy conversion) was from Hobbywing, and although the wires were already installed from the factory, they were ALL DIFFERENT COLOURS! crooksecretpartydont knowcrying 2smile p

HELP!!

Cheers.black wires.jpg

Edited By Chuck Planes on 28/07/2012 19:49:54

Edited By Chuck Planes on 28/07/2012 19:50:22

Edited By Chuck Planes on 28/07/2012 20:03:51

Advert

Pete,

It's because it doesn't really matter. Unless all manufacturers standardised on the colours they used...

All you need to do is connect any wire to any other - the only thing you'll need to check is the motor running direction and if you want it the other way, swap any 2 of the wires round and it will reverse (or set it the opposite way if your ESC can be programmed.

Edited By Martin Harris on 28/07/2012 19:55:12