This picture shows everything that is wrong with civil aviation

Advert

C Norton- That is right, but I think that Air France and BA shared some of the costs. So in 2003 when Air France were retiring their fleet, all the costs would have to be paid by BA, and with a fleet of 5 at the time they just couldn't do it, even though they wanted to carry on. Had Air France carried on, it may be a different story.

Erfolg- commercially that would have worked better, since that was more within the technological boundaries of the time, another reason why Concorde was such a technological triumph.

Bob Gadd- You lucky person! That must have been great, wish I got the chance to fly on her.

Major- Glad you like it, nice to see there is still interest in Concorde, makes me very happy!smiley

CS

Posted by Major on 02/08/2012 19:28:03:

OMG.

This would be a serious challenge... Just think of design and nose section alone! But I'd like to see that one. Good luck then!

It will be a challenge, but it wasn't easy to build the real thing either! I like a challenge, and it has been done before. My aim is to make an RC Concorde for EDF, with retracts and maybe a working nose-visor. Balsa and Depron will probably be the materials, see what happens when I actually do it.

CS