Getting the C tick?

Have been away from viewing forums for a while so its time to tap into that vast bag of knowledge out there.Down here in Tasmania our Tx's need a "Ctick" before they can be used in any club. For years I just whent along to the local supplier & purchased an A M or F M radio set & until recently was not aware of this dreaded "C" tick: baught myself a nice looking Walkera W-2801 PRO radio & suddenly stories abounded about "some-one" with a "dodgy" radio. Do you chaps have the same problem over there? The Tx in question is 2.4Ghz but I guess the squiggles it emits maybe zig when they should zag? Is it possible to change a Tx's "output arrangement. At present flying with my "dodgy" radio is restricted to the farm paddocks near by.I welcome any comments be they cynical or helpful.

Advert

In the UK we use the European 'CE' mark. Some of it is nuts. You are not allowed (in theory) to put an old piece of 'electronic' equipment in the domestic waste. 'Electronic' can even mean a torch , even one with a filament bulb, or a turntable pickup arm (which with the cartridge removed is not even electrical, let alone 'electronic'. But you can put a lithium battery in the domestic waste, as batteries are not deemed to be 'electronic', and unlike Nicads, the chemicals inside are deemed to be non-toxic. You don't even have to discharge them first, though they 'recommend' that you do.