Little crack...

Major

Hi!

Today I had another go with my Spit... Winds were quite strong, but I did fly my Sharky in much worse conditions, so thought it will be ok. As I prepared everthing befre, just switched radio, connected lipo and threw her. She's gone down at about half throttle vertically down....

Just after "landing" I realised - she had a little of down elevator, to keep level altitude at about full throttle, so now there is no wonder why it happened... Ehh, another lesson gained.

I am happy anyway, as today I had my daughter with me and she had much more fling time than me, with her little FW, which in fact looks worse than my Spit... As effect, a small crack appeared on my fuselage...

p110812_1822[01].jpg

p110812_1822.jpg

Here's my daughter's planesmiley ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

p110812_1823.jpg

Now I'm gonna have a dinner and fix her afterwards to get ready for tomorrowwink ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page....

Cheers

Tom

Edited By Major on 11/08/2012 19:30:44

Advert

I think you're going to need some foam friendly CA and a couple of cocktail sticks to mend that one in time for tomorrow. You could also use the same method on the Spitfire !

I hope you are refering to the plane and not your daughter !!!

Kevin b in constructive advisor capacity.

FlyBoy

You're absolutely right! The funny thing is that wind simply dissapeared after crashwink ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.. By the way, this is my worst "landing" ever, but I expected to do it on maiden anyway. I wanted challenge and I got itsmiley ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page..

And thank You for nice comment!

Cheers

We are back now....

cheeky ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.cheeky ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.cheeky ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

Before flight I had one big crash in mind. So we (me and my entire family) arrived to the field, enjoyed the beautiful silence for a while and I started to prepare everything as to maiden, including CoG (done at home, but just to make sure I did on the field as well) and range test. Doubble checked elevator trim and launched... It was just a moment and she was well high and far.

This flight was a bit different. Non stop full throttle, loads of loops, rolls, very low passes... till the battery's gone flat and I had dead-stick.... Wow, I needed fag to calm down after that, as plane was not pushed beyond limits... me was! No damages occured.

It is really great flier. Honestly, thanks a lot ConcordeSpeedbird for link to the webstore! And thanks for kind comment about repairsmile p ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page..

BEB

I do launch it at about 3/4, but have feeling like even less would do... And wouldn't say it is comfortable to hand launch... To me that's scarriest part of flightsmile o ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page..

Stupid me, forgotten to take phone so don't have any pics...

Cheers

Tom