Mick Reeves 80" Hurricane

Went into the loft yesterday and brought down a Mick Reeves 80" Hurricane kit which I bought in 1992. This was my very first RC build after years of building and showing plastic model kits. I was in the Army in 92 and for some reason I managed to keep this model through all my different postings and all of my marriages (three marriages at least I think) Can't believe how bad I was at building, (and marriages) but can't also believe how well the model has stood up to the test of time!! Took all the covering off and sanded it back to how it should have been, really excited!! gonna convert it to electric. i've been building from plans for a few years now and the enjoyment is immense. However it's brilliant to get an old model< (which you thought you built great in the first place?) and then discover how bad a builder you really were!!!! or is it you discover how much you have improved in your model building? go with the latter Me thinks!! Anyway I'm goona post some build photos, hope you all enjoy

Edited By Chris Bott - Moderator on 20/08/2012 23:20:16

Advert

John, the glass is always half full in my world - so what you've discovered is just how much your building skills have come on since then!

Great to revisit an old friend though isn't it. With the skills you have now it will be a lovely model. I've a a bit of a soft spot for the Hurricane - too often overlooked. Sydney Camm knew a thing or two about designing aeroplanes!

BEB