FMS 1.7m P51

Kevin Osman

Has anybody got or seen the FMS 1700 size P51 Mustang in the UK?

Banana Hobby has two versions for sale but I do not know of any model shop which have the 'Ferocious Frankie' version for sale and actually in stock.

The distributors do not know when they will be getting any in the UK????

The FMS 1700 size is expensive but I am wondering how much better is it than the Max thrust 1600 size P51 Gunfighter. Any comments??

Don't know about the merits of either, but just took a gander on the Hobbyking site and the following are available to the UK warehouse-

1.7m P40

1.6m P47

1.6m P51 (Shangri La)

1.6m P51 (Big Beautiful doll)

Hope this helps. They look to be cheaper than the planes you mentioned, but again I do not know how good they are.

Hi, thanks for replying.

SMC do not have any FMS 1700 P51 , nor does anybody else it seems.

The models you listed from hobbking are variations on the Max hrust P51 I mentioned.

The FMS 1700 P51 is not cheap by any means but have a look at it on the Banana hobby site they look great.

By the way , since I mailed this there is now an FMS 1400 P51 version 7 due out in the states which is greatly improved using better undercarriage from the 1700 size and an opening cockpit. What next??

It seems Banana hobby get far more models than we do in the UK.

Yes, I am interested in the 1700 size 'Ferocious Frankie' version mainly because that is the only version advertised in the UK even thou its not available anywhere.

This is the link to see that version.

**LINK**

While you are there have a look at this special addition p51 1400 size version 7 in the video area.

**LINK**

If only we could get these models in the uk?????

I have the FMS 1400 size P51 Mustang and it flys beautifully. A week or so ago I was at Extreme Hobby in Brisbane and saw the new 1700 Fearless Frankie, it's twice as gorgeous and I saw them fly their demo model, handles like a dream, straight out of the box. Here's a link to their site where you can see a really good video of the demo models' maiden flight at the local club.

I certainly want one when I can afford it. There are cheaper places in OZ to get FMS models, they are just a bit slower than Extreme to get stock in.

Kevin,

I'll give you that, the 1.7m does look great. But from 50 feet away can you see all that detail?wink 2

I've considered 'foamies' to be a 'cheap' way to get a flying fix, but the size and cost of these birds is getting larger all the time. Where will it all end I wonder? Seems to me that the two ends of the spectrum are getting further and further apart with the introduction of the new micros and the 'giant' foamies. Exciting times!

Personally I love the 1.2 to 1.4m size as they can squeeze into my car without taking them apart.

Very interested in the mods to the 1.4m P51. Mine was an early version and I spent a lot of time getting my retracts further forward so it would not nose over amongst other things.